I tried to put together a short intro course on money for students who have already studied basic macroeconomics. It consists of nine posts:
1. Money matters a lot. (and non-monetary shocks don’t matter as much as you’d think.)
3. Money and inflation, pt. 1: The long twilight of gold.
4. Money and inflation, pt. 2: Why does fiat money have value?
5. Money and inflation, pt. 3: The “hot potato” model (The QTM and the Great Inflation)
6. Money and inflation, pt. 4: The role of expectations
7. Money and inflation, pt 5: It’s (almost) all about expectations
8. Money and output (the musical chairs model)
9. Money and asset prices (the liquidity effect as an epiphenomenon)
I will maintain a link under “Quick intro to my views” in the right column. I may update occasionally.